Before you head down to the local hardware store, let’s go through some of the benefits of having a professionally installed and baited rat baiting system.
What is a rat bat station?
It is a tamper-resistant bait station is a lockable, plastic or metal station box that holds and protects the bait and only allows rats to enter.
As rats love to chew, reputable rat bait stations are never made from cardboard. Cardboard also makes it easy for children and other animals to access the poisonous bait.
Don’t worry about the safety of the rat bait stations. They contain baffles, compartments or bait poles to contain and secure the bait. This means that no matter of shaking will loosen the bait to have it falling out or accessible from the outside, except for rats.
Benefits of rat bait stations
- Bait stations protect the bait from the elements, keeping it free of moisture and dust
- Bait stations keep poisons away from children and other animals
- Bait stations, when used with attractant blocks, can be used to monitor rat activity
- Bait stations prevent spills and contamination when used in shops & restaurants
- Bait stations can save businesses money as the bait can’t be moved or spoiled
- Bait stations can be anchored to prevent theft
- Bait stations are clearly labeled to comply with WHS regulations
- Bait stations are tamper resistant to protect people and pets safe
- Bait stations are designed to only be accessible to rats to protect native wildlife.
These are some of the many reasons why homes and businesses use professional rat baiting stations. The best part is that you can leave it all up to Michael and the MD Pest Control team to take care of your rat problem. Call Michael on 0407 614 220, Bridget (Monday & Tuesday) on 0404 489 260 to book in; or book at a time that suits you through our online booking system.