10. There are around 360 species of termites in Australia, but only a small number cause economic damage to crops, timber and other cellulose-based products.
9. CSIRO survey indicates around one third of all Australian homes have termites within the property boundary.
8. The risk of a home being attacked by termites increases if there is a gum tree within 100 metres of your home
7. Finding ‘flying ants’, especially in Spring, is a sure sign that there is a termite nest nearby.
6. Queen termites can live for 25 years laying 2 000 eggs per day.
4. Termites cause more damage to Australian homes than fire, flood, and storms combined.
3. Termite damage is not covered by Building or Contents Insurance.
2. Termites can travel up to 100 metres from their nest.
1. The rate of termite damage has increased with the decreasing use of soil barriers.
Michael is available for visual termite inspections, taking over existing termite baiting stations, or installing new termite baiting stations to help secure your home against termites. Call him now to organise a quote or service date.