What are bed bugs?
The most common way that your home becomes their home is by them attaching onto clothing or luggage that is moved from one infested area to a non-infested area. They then lay eggs and multiply quickly in their new host’s area.
Other ways you can bring bed bugs into your home is on used furniture, from travelling, or from school or boarding homes.
Can bed bugs make you sick?
While there’s no evidence that bed bugs transmit diseases to humans, there are a number of ways they can make you sick:
· Many bites over time can cause significant blood loss or anaemia
· Allergies to their droppings and remains can cause asthma attacks
· Allergies to the bite, caused by bed bug saliva, can trigger hives, rashes, itching and burning
· Bites can become infected
· Scarring can occur and persist for months or longer
· Sleep deprivation can occur from scratching or feeling the bites when they happen
· Some people can have severe reactions including trouble breathing, severe infections, or anaphylaxis
How do you know you have bed bugs?
- you will have small, red, itchy bite marks on you
- you will have small blood stains on the bed sheets from when you were bitten.
How do you get rid of bed bugs?
If you’re unfortunate enough to bring bed bugs home; clean, clean, and clean some more. Vacuum large pieces of furniture, put bedding and clothes through a hot dryer cycle to kill egg/larvae/adult bed bugs.
Call a professional pest controller to spray for bed bugs. With a bed bug living for between two and four months, you may find that you need multiple treatments, especially if the pest infestation is large making it harder to control.
How much does bed bug pest control cost?
The best way to secure a price to rid your home of bed bugs is to contact the team at MD Pest Control for a quote. If you’d rather just be done with the bed bugs, then you can call or book a treatment online.